Tall Emu CRM is the “control centre” that manages and automates as much as your business as possible. While Tall Emu CRM is very comprehensive, it can use other systems to extend its functionality and streamline the business.
What is Integration?
Organisations generally have various systems with different scope and purpose. Each system has its role within the organisation and, while there is often overlap, a single system cannot provide all the business requirements. For example, Tall Emu CRM can do some accounting functionality (such as invoicing), but not others (manage the general ledger and produce monthly BAS). Similarly, accounting systems have some CRM-like functionality (manage customer contact details), but not others (manage contact interaction).
Integration is where the different systems share and/or synchronise data, or make use of the other’s functionality.
General benefits of data integration
There are several benefits of integrating with other systems, including:
- Reduce manual effort (and risk of errors) from entering the same data into more than one system. For example, an invoice can be created in Tall Emu CRM with the details exported to an accounting system with no re-entering of data.
- Have a centralised view of related data which originates from different systems.
- Extend the functionality of a single system; Tall Emu CRM can leverage the benefits of other specialist systems.
- Maintain consistency of duplicated data. For example, customer details can be synchronised between systems.
- Keep data up-to-date in different systems.
Tall Emu CRM and Third-Party Systems
Tall Emu CRM has been built with integration in mind. While it is constantly being further enhanced with new third-party systems, Tall Emu CRM currently integrates with the following:
- Mail and Calendar: Outlook.
- Accounting: MYOB, EXO, QuickBooks.
- Telephony: Over 20 phone systems.
- Email Marketing: Campaign Monitor.
- Google Analytics and Adwords.
- Website shopping cart.
- Webforms (eg, “contact us” web page).